Copy of birth certificate to use to get a passport?
Question by JorynLeigh: Copy of birth certificate to use to get a passport?
If I obtain a birth certificate from one of the online agencies (when I go into google and type “birth certificate”) will this be sufficient to use to get a passport? Also are these services safe to get a passport from?
I was born in Chicago, IL
what else will I have to bring with me?
Answer by Bozema
It’s much easier just to get one on your own and you don’t have to pay a service, which is a rip-off. Just contact the County Clerk of the county you were born in and they will tell you the process. Often you need to get a form notarized affirming you are who you say you are and pay a small fee to the county. Then they send you a certified birth certifcate stamped with the official county seal. You need a certified birth certificate to get a passport. Most counties put their procedure and often their forms on their websites.
You have to go through all these steps whether you use a service or not, so there’s no reason to use the service. Also, some services don’t get you an official certified copy of the birth certificate, which is useless for getting a passport.
Give your answer to this question below!
Incoming search terms:
- can you use a copy of your birth certificate to get a passport
- can I use a copy of birth certificate for passport
- can you use a copy of a birth certificate to get a passport
- can you use a copy of birth certificate to get a passport
- copy of birth certificate to get passport
- will a copy of birth certificate get a U S passport
- can you use a copy of birth certificate for passport
- can i use a copy of my birth certificate to get a passport
- can you use an abstract birth certificate for a passport
- can i use a copy of my birth certificate for passport
- Getting a Birth Certificate for an Expedited Passport
- Need a Copy of Your Nevada Birth Certificate?
- Q&A: If you can’t get a passport without a “birth certificate,” then how did Obama get his passport?
- Is a certified copy of the registration of a Statement of Live Birth a long form birth certificate?
- How do I get my daughters birth certificate?