Contact Us Today! 1-877-898-6937

RSS Feed!

Recent Posts

  • DMV Man! Did he have the right to do this?!?
  • baby dolls from early 1990’s?
  • need spanish help please?
  • If we applied the standards to all persons that conservatives apply to Obama would ANYONE qualify as a citizen?
  • Q&A: Why are people believing that Obama is not a US citizen? The grandmother thing was bullsh*t.?
  • Archives

    How to change birth certificate to add surname to child’s name in India?

    Question from a Reader, Answer in Comments

    I am in Chennai. I got my daughter’s birth certificate from Nagercoil, where she was born. In birth certificate my daughter’s name was written against child’s name field, and my name was written against Father’s name field. I want my daughter’s name to have, my name added at the end. Please let me know what is the procedure for doing this. In her school admission they say, her name will be as in the birth certificate only and they will not add surname unless it is in birth certificate. Please help….Thanks.

    Incoming search terms:

    Share and Enjoy:
    • Digg
    • Sphinn
    • Facebook
    • Mixx
    • Google
    Posted by US Birth Certificate Staff - Visit US Birth Certificate for Certified Birth Certificate Copies-Fast

    Related posts:

    1. How easy is it to change a birth certificate issued in Hawaii?
    2. Why a Photocopy of your Birth Certificate won’t be accepted for Official Business
    3. Maryland Certified Birth Certificate- We Can Get it For You
    4. Obtaining Your Child’s Birth Certificate for a Winter Sports Team
    5. Mark Levin Questions Pelosi’s Birth Certificate and Speaks About Barbara Boxer

    Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

    By admin | 17. Apr 2010 | Birth Certificate | 1 Comment »

    One Comment

    1. lindudes says:

      I think the best thing for you to do is contact someone in your country that has the correct knowledge. Do you have the equivalent of “Births, Deaths and Marriages” in India? They are usually a government department that deal with all those sorts of enquiries.

      I imagine you will need the permission of both parents to change your daughters name such as a signature to signify you both agree to the name change

      Also most name changes require money to be paid for such things as administration costs and the need for a new birth certificate to be issued.

      I think the sooner you get it changed the better. Good luck

    Leave a Reply

    Powered by Yahoo! Answers