Q&A: Is it illegal to scan and make a copy of your birth certificate?
Question by Jamie D: Is it illegal to scan and make a copy of your birth certificate?
My dad needs a copy of his birth certificate fast (new job). He asked me to scan it and email it to him. But I read on the top of his birth certificate and it said something like “You may not create a copy of this certificate” or close to that. Does that mean it is illegal to make a copy of a birth certificate? My dad lives in Minneapolis MN but was originally from WI where me, my mom, and my sister live (my parents aren’t divorced if that’s what you’re thinking).
UPDATE: It says exactly this “It is illegal to reproduce this certificate according to state statue 69.24″.
Answer by The Truth
You cannot copy a birth certificate and try to pass it off as real. That is what the statute is referring to. Your father can make as many copies of his birth certificate as he would like if he is just giving them to his employer.
Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!
Incoming search terms:
- is it illegal to copy your birth certificate
- IS IT SAFE TO EMAIL COPY OF BIRTH CERTIFICATE
- is it illegal to make a copy of a pa birth certificate
- is it illegal to make a copy of a birth certificate
- is it illegal to make copy of birth certificate
- is it illegal to copy a birth certificate
- making copies of birth certificates
- is it illegal to make a photocopy of an Indiana birth certificate
- is it illegal to make a copy of your birth cirtificate
- copying birth certificate is illegal in oregon
- Is it legal to keep a digital copy of a birth certificate for family genealogy and records purposes?
- Need a Copy of Your Nevada Birth Certificate?
- Why a Normal Copy of Birth Certificate Not Adequate Anymore?
- Copy of birth certificate to use to get a passport?
- How do I get a copy of my birth certificate without photo id?